Many a times we need to change the Business view of a Report/UBE or even Interactive Application, which requires re-validating the event rules code. Worse, if you had to change the input file name in a Table Conversion? You will have to actually re-write the whole code.
Usually, for such table conversions, what we do is write wrapper UBE’s which would rename the input file to the path/file name of the table conversion, and then trigger the TC to run. All these options take huge amount of efforts.
But now on, take out 5 mins off, and you can change the File name in a TC via the following method. You can also change the Business View or Processing Options without having to re-validate the complete event rules using this same method.
NB: You can use the Free Tool from Microsoft – XML Notepad to edit the XML Files.
- Do a Save Location on the object for which you need to change and save it as ZIP file (note the location where its saved)
- Its usually saved in “E1pathcode\spec” folder
- Now, rename the UBE_R55xxxx…..PAR file to a .ZIP extension
- Open the .Zip file using Winzip, or using the Windows Compression utility
- Within it open the SPEC.Zip file.
- Open the RDASPEC folder within the Spec.Zip file
- Find the .xml File with highest size, and Edit it.
- You may have to edit multiple XML files, as the SPEC folder has an XML file for each section/form.
- Winzip will ask if to update the file with the changed one.
- Say YES.
- You may get a AS/400 error, which can be ignored.
NB: From E1 tools 8.95 onwards you have an option to change the File Name in a table conversion (Metalink ID 645736.1)
Do let know your experience and your comments of course.