Oracle has shown their commitment towards JD Edwards EnterpriseOne via the Tools 9.1 Update 5 which shows continuous innovation for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 and 9.1 Application releases. Tools 9.1 Update 5 will enable JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers to achieve competitive advantage by improving IT processes, driving down costs, and overall transforming their business.
Oracle’s release of Tools Release 9.1.5, EnterpriseOne is now using the Alta UI framework. This brings E1 more inline with Oracle’s other software offerings. This change has caused us to redo our UI customizations and also look at how we are doing them.
Stewart Schatz at E1Tips has elaborated on the release Oracle JDEdwards Tools Release 9.1.5 Is Now Available – E1 Tips
This is no ordinary Tools Release! With all the changes, this should really be called TR 9.2.0.
Lets start breaking this down a little…
- A new look, called Alta (see image above). This brings JDEdwards more in line with the rest of Oracle’s application offerings with the same look and feel.
- Server-only packages and the Primary Server
- Recent Breadcrumbs: You can view breadcrumb history which is available even after you log off/on.
- Email and Calendar Integration: Personally, I think the advantage of this feature will really be for user support rather than user collaboration.
- Simplified Navigation: seems to restrict users to just using E1Pages for navigation.
- Clustering for Outbound Business Services
- In-Memory Merge to Tools 9.1.5 Code Line
- Application Stack Service for Mobile Applications Development
Oracle’s official announcement: Oracle Announces JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1 Update 5 and Application Enhancements (1952442.1)
Net Change for Tools Library, Release 9.1 Update 5 (OTN)
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools and Technology 9.1.x Documentation Overview (Doc ID 1368172.1) has been updated with the Tools 9.1.5 information
Required Components for installing 9.1.5 (Doc ID 1943409.1) including a table of ESUs required to take advantage of the new features.
9.1.5 Known Issues and Workarounds (Doc ID 1945082.1)
In-Memory Tools C API Reference (Doc ID 1952465.1)
OTHER 9.1.5 docs about changes:
- Where are the Navigator, Fast Path, Personalization and Roles options in Tools Release 9.1.5 (Doc ID 1950336.1)
- 9.1.5 Server-Only Package documents:
- Server Only Packages Functionality – From EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1.5 Onwards (Doc ID 1947622.1) – a presentation from INFOCUS on the new package build process is linked from this document
- FAQ, Known Issues, and Troubleshooting Server Only Packages Functionality – From EnterpriseOne Tools Release 22.214.171.124 Onwards (Doc ID 1950295.1)
- SRDC – Data Collection for Troubleshooting a Package Build Issue with Tools Release 9.1.5 Enhanced Package Build Process (Doc ID 1931514.1)
Additional details at http://www.emerald-cube.com/2014/12/enterpriseone-tools-release-9-1-5/