Here are the updates from OOW 2013.
- Tools update 9.x.b in 2015 and 9.x.c in 2018, the corresponding apps update also to be available in the same timeframe.
- New health and safety and real estate management module updates.
Major investment / focus areas for 9.1.3 are:
- New iPad native app, with camera and maps integration – container available from the App Store. Android phone and tablet apps coming soon.
- Composite app framework which enables an end user to define a multiple frame layout consisting of an EnterpriseOne application, Oracle Business Intelligence reports and external web applications into a single view.
- One View reporting improved with new drill back capability, and now available for 9.0
- VM templates improved
- New OneView “Watch-list” feature. – User defined or centralized watch-lists – Manage by Exception principle – Configurable notifications – Shows real time updates on any attribute or conditions set in the watch-list – eg., All backordered items, current safety incidents etc
- UDC drop-downs in any form with auto fill and predictive search as an alternative to Visual Assist
- Automated inventory and G/L reconciliation.
- New Apps with camera capability. Images get uploaded to media objects. eg., Create expense reports with images of receipts.
- Mobile app module for mobile service time entry..
- Mobile Vision – Bring in a 2nd screen experience apps – Use apps as a tablet/phone companion – Role based apps fit for purpose.
- Template based deployment. Templates now available for x86-64, Oracle DB Appliance, Exalogic and Exadata Appliance.
- JDE E1 on Oracle DB Appliance – Case – IMMERGAS (Italy) deployed new E1 instance on the DB Appliance in 6 hours.
- Product Area Knowledge Paths – Updated with new Documents, Demos, Videos, Tutorials, Self Study materials and Instructor led virtual classes.
- Integrating JDE with other complimentary applications.
- New and more prebuilt Business Interfaces – Available from the Technical Catalog
4. Big Data
- Engineered Systems for JDE E1 now available to make full use of the processing power required for Big Data analysis.
- Recently announced In-Memory feature of Oracle 12c can be used for JDE E1 to provide real time analytical information.
As can be seen no major updates were announced, but Oracle reiterated its commitment to support the JDE customer base in the years to come. A big push was given for the Oracle 12c updates and Oracle Engineered Systems to be used for JDE E1. The latest and biggest of which is the SPARC M6-32 super cluster which supports up to 32TB of main memory and 384 processor cores.