Oracle has released the long awaited 9.2 version of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne on 6th Oct 2015, showing their commitment to the JD Edwards application suite.
Transformation for the Digital Economy
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 provides transformational business solutions for customer to address the demands of the digital economy. Innovative new JD Edwards solutions are facilitating SMART (Strategic, Mobile, Architected for Real-Time) change.
Oracle previously announced the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Internet of Things (IoT) Orchestrator with Tools Release 220.127.116.11. This new product enables customers to collect, filter, analyze, and act on real-time data as it is being transmitted by IoT devices. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers benefit by eliminating costly manual processes, by reacting to—or avoiding—business disruptions in real time, and by analyzing historical data for continuous process improvement.
Prebuilt JD Edwards EnterpriseOne IoT Orchestrations are now available to address common use cases for the asset-intensive, manufacturing, and agri-business industries. Companies can leverage the prebuilt, out-of-the-box orchestrations as models to design and implement custom orchestrations. The orchestrations being released include:
- Add CBM Alert: Processes condition-based maintenance alerts for an asset.
- Update Meter Readings: Updates equipment meter readings.
- Update Equipment Location: Updates equipment geo-positioning data.
- Kanban Check In/Check Out: Processes Kanban check-in and check-out transactions.
- Add Blend Operations: Creates operations in Blend Management during the wine-making process.
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications continue to empower the mobile workforce with new applications that accelerate business execution on their device of choice. There are more than 80 mobile applications for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne available out-of-the box on Apple’s App Store, Google Play, and as Archives on the Update Center. In addition, the Oracle Mobile Application Framework and the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Application Interface Services (AIS) Server give customers the ability to extend or create new mobile applications. Also of note is an enhancement to the Manage Customer Equipment application that enables field service engineers to locate customer’s equipment through a proximity search and display the results on a map. The Manage My Work Orders mobile application is now also available in disconnected mode.
How about OMW on the WEB? Object Management Workbench (OMW) is a system used to manage the development of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne objects on the development client. Available with Tools 9.2 is the new Web OMW which is available on the web client and is used to manage user defined objects (UDO). UDOs are objects created from the web client. For a list of these objects, see the User Defined Objects (UDO) page under the Tools 9.2 tab
With the EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.2, JD Edwards delivers a simple and standardized process to manage user personalizations called User Defined Objects. Enabling users to personalize their experience and interaction with JD Edwards without customization improves their productivity and satisfaction. This simple process allows business users to manage personalizations on their own schedule and removes the need to spend IT resources on deploying User Defined Objects. These objects currently include Grid Formats, Queries, One View Reports, One View Watchlists, EnterpriseOne Pages, and the Composite Application Framework.
Industry Focus that Creates Competitive Advantage
JD Edwards continues to invest in functionality that creates a competitive advantage for customers in our focus industries. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 delivers new strategic products for the projects, consumer goods, and manufacturing and distribution industries.
- Increased number of options for personalization, extension, and co-existence with other applications, including Oracle Cloud applications
- Simplified and modern application interface. JD Edwards leverages the Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) to create an intuitive interface while leveraging all existing business rules via the Application Interface Services (AIS) server
- Significant reduction in the cost of upgrading system to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications 9.2. Customers on Applications Release 9.0 Update 2 or Release 9.1 now have the choice to use a Simplified Upgrade process.
- No more 10 character restriction for user ID and password to support more robust security authentication processes.
- Define complex password rules that align with security and compliance requirements
- Choice of deployment options such as on-premise or hybrid deployment, private cloud, and public clouds.
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.2 Upgrade and Automated Special Instructions Supplement Click Here
- SFTP for Media Objects available – Oracle recommends using SSH file transfer protocol, otherwise referred to as Secure FTP (SFTP), for accessing media objects as a more secure alternative to FTP. When EnterpriseOne is configured to use SFTP for media objects, users can securely upload, download, and delete media objects
Read more on the Oracle Press release here